- Internship (summer)
- Summer 2017
We are seeking highly motivated interns to join ARM’s Research team to work on a variety of cutting-edge research for flexible 3-6 month placements throughout the year. Our research activities cover a wide range of disciplines and application domains, ranging from sensors to servers and silicon to software. Exceptional candidates can experience first hand how ARM shapes an ecosystem of more than one thousand partners that ship over 10 billion leading-edge ARM-powered processors each year.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud. With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM’s success in the global marketplace.
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
- Internships Available include
- Computer Architecture
- Simulation and Modelling
- Ubiquitous Parallelization
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Ultra low power VLSI Circuits and Systems
- Energy harvesting and integrated voltage regulators
- Printed Flexible Electronics
- Secure architecture, implementation and proofs
- Pursuing MS degree or PhD in Computer Science / Computer Engineering
- Candidates pursuing BS degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering may be considered if they have project or work experience with essential skills and experience
- Candidates should have skills in some of the following areas
- Architecture and Micro-architecture knowledge of CPU, GPU, or systems
- System performance analysis, modeling, and simulation
- Workload development and analysis
- VLSI circuit, design implementation and verification
- Strong programming and problem solving skills
- Experience/project work related to one or more of microprocessors and hardware (e.g. microcontroller projects, assembler programming, simulators, hardware design), development tools (e.g., debuggers, compilers, disassemblers, visualization), and/or low-level software (e.g., device drivers, operating systems).
- Personal project work and/or contributions to open source projects.
- Experience with the ARM architecture.
- Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Want to advertise a job?
We're always on the lookout for high quality jobs that our members might be interested in. Submit your job posting here.
Any issues with this job? Submit an issue or a pull request and we'll get it sorted out right away.
Our sponsors get prioritised job placement and promotion. Interested in sponsoring CSS? Find out more.