The CSS Boeing Hackathon is back! MVB, 11am Wednesday 28th Feb - 1pm Thursday 1st March
//// IMPORTANT INFORMATION ////
// SIGNUP //
- Link here. Teams of up to 6 people
- Not got anyone to work with or a full team? No worries. Just indicate that you’d like to be matched with others and we’ll sort out the rest.
// PRIZES //
- 6x Sphero Mini!
- 6x Google Home Mini!
- 6x LIFX Smart Lights!
// FREE FOOD AND DRINKS //
- If you have any dietary requirements, state them on the signup form or email [email protected]
// RULES //
// THEME //
- Our theme this year is SPACE! 🌌🚀
The prizes will be awarded in three categories:
- Space data
- Find a cool way to use satellite imagery or other data collected in space.
- Software/hardware for space
- Build something that we could send into space!
- Explore space
- Help non-scientists to explore and learn about space.
Here are some example projects to get your brains whirring:
– NEO Mapper
Identifying natural boundaries (rivers) from 3D asteroid surface data https://github.com/abbro-ca/VestaRainbow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE0qdKAN31A&t=55m
– Kid On The Moon
Interactive app for children to explore the moon and man’s journeys to it https://2016.spaceappschallenge.org/challenges/solar-system/book-it-to-the-moon/projects/kid-on-the-moon
– NatEv Explorer
Display crowdsourced natural events on a 3D globe https://open.nasa.gov/innovation-space/natev-explorer/
P2P wearables for communication in space https://2016.spaceappschallenge.org/challenges/space-station/rock-it-space-fashion-and-design/projects/fractalnet
– Pollen Alert
Use open data and satellite imagery to predict pollen count https://2017.spaceappschallenge.org/challenges/our-ecological-neighborhood/trace-invaders/teams/lemon-py-1/project
Use energy and solar radiation data to predict energy production https://2017.spaceappschallenge.org/challenges/earth-and-us/you-are-my-sunshine/teams/heliox/project
Maybe you’ll write a piece of software that will improve shipping efficiency. How about a system for monitoring air pollution? Or something that will enable autonomous vehicles? Perhaps you’ll even write a cool visualisation that uses NASA’s Open Data platform (https://opensource.gsfc.nasa.gov/ ).
If you want to make use of satellite data, we’ll be releasing some guides to help you soon.
// TOOLS AVAILABLE //
- Join the Discord server here for updates on the day!
- More to come