Further to the success of last year’s Panel Discussion about Equality and Diversity, the Computer Science Society will hold a cross-faculty dialogue about Wellbeing and Workload on October 26 from 5–7pm in Pugsley Lecture Theater, Queen’s Building.
Members from all engineering departments are encouraged to take part in a discussion where they can learn about the topic, make suggestions to the faculty and share ideas with other staff and students.
Our goals are to:
- Feed back to the staff body what could be improved about wellbeing and workload
- Provide advice for students about managing workload and stress
- Provide information about support available inside and outside the department
- Encourage conversation about wellbeing and break the stigma around mental health
The talk will be followed by an open session for students and staff to discuss the topic further.
Members of the panel discussion include:
- Professor Seth Bullock, Head of Computer Science Department
- Professor Dave Cliff, Head of Merchant Venturers’ School of Engineering
- David Bernhard, Senior Teaching Associate and member of Peace of Mind
- Ben Marshall, Bristol Computer Science alumni and member of Peace of Mind