CSS AGM 2019
CSS AGM 2019
- VICE PRESIDENT
- EVENTS OFFICER
- PRESS OFFICER
- SPORTS & SOCIAL OFFICER
- OUTREACH OFFICER
- EQUALITY & DIVERSITY OFFICER
- GENERAL OFFICER #1
- GENERAL OFFICER #2
- MOTION 1
- MOTION 2
CSS’ AGM is upon us once again! Join us in MVB 1.11(A) at 17:00, Friday 3rd May to vote on motions and committee nominees.
If you’re abroad this year or can’t attend the AGM - don’t worry! You can still nominate yourself/submit a motion. We recommend recording a short video of yourself speaking so that we can play it at the AGM. If you like, we can read out a written statement instead.
(Nominations for First-Year Rep and Post-Grad Rep will be occur after the start of the next university year)
Free pizza 🍕, falafel 🧆, and cider/beer 🍺 as per usual x
Could you see yourself at the helm of our next Hackathon or Bar Crawl? Being a committee member is a great way to gain experience running events, dealing with industrial sponsors and communications. And to boot - it’s a whole lot of fun!
You will have a chance to speak for 60s (once, regardless of how many positions you apply for) during the AGM.
Here’s a taste of what each role does:
- responsible for the society overall
- sets the overall direction of the society
- organises meetings
- manages other committee members
- helps out the President with the above tasks
- responsible for talking to companies and organising sponsorship
- controls and tracks spending
- makes big purchases/deals with invoices
- ensures we're following SU rules and the law
- records minutes in meetings
- deals with the SU
- keeps our Drive organised
Sports and Social
- organises CSS sport teams
- organises social events (i.e. pub trips)
- organises MVBall
- represents CSS in outreach activities
- manages social media accounts
- organises the CSS event calendar
- helps organise and run technical events
- keps the CSS website updated
- manages logins and useful tools
- ensures we store personal data securely
- designs graphics
- manages the newsletter
- puts up posters
Equality and Diversity
- responsible for wellbeing
- ensures we are inclusive of all groups
- organises events with and assists other societies
- helps out wherever needed
- pizza/falafel runner
- jack of all trades
Want to make a change to how the society runs? Put forward a motion to change our constitution (https://cssbristol.co.uk/pages/constitution).
Constitutional changes must receive a two-thirds majority. Non-constitutional motions must receive a majority.
17:00 - 20:00
Join the Facebook event!