CSS AGM 2022
Join us for our 2022 CSS AGM where we will vote on motions and elect the new committee! Oh, and free pizza! 🍕
Want to change something about CSS?
You can submit a motion here
Don’t worry if you can’t attend the AGM - You can still submit a motion.
Apply for a role below! You will have to prepare a manifesto and a 2-minute speech.
Be quick though since the deadline for applications is 8 May at 5pm.
If you’re running for a role but cannot attend the AGM you can send us a recording of your speech or a copy of the text for us to read out.
You may run for more than one role and you will get to give a speech for every position you are running for if you wish.
You cannot nominate yourself for treasurer if you are a final-year student in the next academic year unless approved by the SU Societies Network.
- Responsible for the society overall
- Sets the overall direction of the society
- Organises meetings
- Manages other committee members
- Assists the President with the above tasks
- Talks to companies and organising sponsorships
- Controls and tracks spending
- Makes big purchases/deals with invoices
- Ensures we're following SU rules and the law
- Records minutes in meetings
- Deals with the SU
- Keeps our Drive organised
- Keeps the CSS website updated
- Manages logins and useful tools
- Ensures we store personal data securely
Technical Events Officer
- Organises the CSS event calendar
- Organises and runs technical events / trips - BrisHack, CTFs, etc.
Academic Talks Officer
- Communicates with the department of Computer Science
- Organises talks by various academics
Industry Talks Officer
- Communicates with industry links
- Organises talks by industry professionals
Sports and Social Officer
- Organises CSS sport teams
- Organises social events (i.e. pub trips)
- Organises MVBall
- Designs graphics and posters
- Manages the newsletter
- Manages social media
- Represents CSS in outreach activities
- Organises events with and assists other societies
Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity Officer
- Responsible for wellbeing
- Ensures we are inclusive of all groups
- Manages the family scheme
- Helps out in General
- Jack of all trades
18:00 - 20:30
5.22, Senate House