- London (Hatfield)
- Software Development
- £33000 per year
- September 2018
You’re about to leave university with a lot of skills, a lot of knowledge, and a lot of options. What are you going to do with it all? Our graduate rotation scheme is designed to give you first-hand experience of everything from automation controls to web development. Want to know where you’ll thrive the most? Here’s your chance to lear
Over four six-month placements, you’ll work in teams across the Technology division, gaining knowledge and insight of the vast number of challenges we solve every day. You could also have the opportunity to work abroad in one of our international offices.
Here are some of the teams on the scheme:
- CFC Systems build resilient and scalable systems to move stock, orders, and pickers through our automated CFC, using Java, Scala and Akka Framework. Their reporting platform also collects and processes vast amounts of data from each system.
- Planning and Delivery are all about delighting the customer. They support the processes that get orders delivered efficiently, such as optimal vehicle routing and logistics tools, and own the CRM area in general – systems for emails, managing core customer data etc.
- Ecommerce build the websites for Ocado, Morrisons, Fetch, Sizzle and the newly launched Fabled, as well as iOS and Android apps. They’re a mix of developers and designers working together to provide a superb customer experience.
- Simulation and Visualisation create simulations on Ocado’s new automated warehouses with the intention of optimising robotic operations to increase the throughput of the warehouses.
- 10x are responsible for working on novel projects that involve fast system prototyping and experimentation. The team is made up of software engineers, machine learning specialists and electronics engineers.
You have or are expecting a 2:1 or 1st class degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science/Software Engineering or similar numerate degree Strong A-levels (or equivalent)
Demonstrable OO programming ability in Java or another OO language.
As well as looking out for the best and brightest, we’re also looking for people who reflect our values – people who can learn fast through experimenting; who are autonomous through taking ownership and driving innovation; who are collaborative and work well in high-performing teams. We value trust, honesty, and craftsmanship.
We’re all about innovation and refusing to accept the status quo, so if you’re keen to push the limits of your learning – and our technology – we want to hear from you!
We will pay you a competitive salary that will be reviewed twice a year up to your first three years post-graduation, plus all our usual benefits including 15% staff discount, Friday socials, a variety of sports clubs plus much more.
Want to advertise a job?
We're always on the lookout for high quality jobs that our members might be interested in. Submit your job posting here.
Any issues with this job? Submit an issue or a pull request and we'll get it sorted out right away.
Our sponsors get prioritised job placement and promotion. Interested in sponsoring CSS? Find out more.