- Software Development
- GBP 30000 per Year
StackHPC is seeking HPC systems engineers and developers to help tackle some of the great scientific challenges of the modern age.
Our customers use cloud technology and software defined supercomputing to run scientific applications at scale. At StackHPC, we help them design, deploy and operate that infrastructure.
We’re hiring engineers with skills in high performance computing and interests such as cloud infrastructure, distributed systems or network programming and visualising data, to help design, run, automate and validate this infrastructure and the application environments.
Our solutions interact with every aspect of modern cloud infrastructure, from which you can cross-pollinate emerging ideas and methods. We offer a rich mix of coding and systems work in parallel with developing StackHPC’s new core project - a comprehensive test framework that covers all components, from provisioning onto bare metal and upwards. We operate in a supportive and welcoming environment in which you can learn and flourish.
Example projects: Using Python and web technologies to create powerful validation solutions Coupling testing with performant and scalable monitoring infrastructure Working with customers, sometimes on-site, on gathering telemetry data for application analysis Helping to improve operational resilience of OpenStack and identifying failure root causes < your idea here - let’s nurture your inventiveness >
StackHPC has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner; please email your enquiry or application to Andrew on [email protected] —
- From day one you'll be contributing to important and interesting projects, collaborating with accomplished Linux developers keen to share their knowledge and support this thriving open source community. Joining StackHPC, you can shape your role in ways that build upon your strengths. We look forward to exploring where this may lead.
- Someone motivated by improving the inner workings of systems
- Adept with Python - or another Linux-based language; Go, C, C++, Java, Bash etc.
- Familiarity with SQL or NoSQL databases, and writing RESTful services
- Appreciation for clean code, good documentation, open source development and knowledge sharing
- Good user empathy, receptive to change, and pragmatism
Discretionary relocation assistanceCompletely flexible working practices - tell us what you needDiscretionary remote working once up to speed - able to attend impromptu meetings in Bristol25 days paid holiday + public holidays | pension contribution | generous stock option scheme, in privately owned business | support for travel to conferences and delivering presentations | extensive upstream development opportunities | workstation of your choice
Want to advertise a job?
We're always on the lookout for high quality jobs that our members might be interested in. Submit your job posting here.
Any issues with this job? Submit an issue or a pull request and we'll get it sorted out right away.
Our sponsors get prioritised job placement and promotion. Interested in sponsoring CSS? Find out more.