- Old Street, London
- Software Development
- GBP 45000 per Year
- When possible
We’re currently working on our first platform release and planning our second, and are looking for Software Engineers to join our team in London, who will work closely with the current development team and founders to shape the product.
We care about good code quality and inventiveness - so your ideas will be welcome, and you will have the ability to shape the products we will build.
You’ll be responsible for designing, developing and testing high-performance, intuitive, data-driven web applications and APIs using Python, Django and anything else you feel strongly about
Computer Science or Software Engineering education or equivalent industry experience
- Understanding of key computer science principals including algorithms, data structures and computational complexity theory
- competency in at least one mainstream programming language (ideally Python)
- familiarity with or exposure to other programming languages
- understanding of relational databases and SQL
- understanding of software testing
- understanding of the web, including client/server architecture
- experience of working with a web development framework (ideally Django)
- experience using source control (ideally Git)
- experience using Linux/Unix and a command line interface
- desire to continue learning and developing skills
- strong drive to create readable, testable and maintainable code
- ability to constructively participate in and facilitate technical and functional discussions
- ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- an understanding of common retail financial products (loans, mortgages, deposit products)
- work experience in the Finance sector
- experience with cloud based infrastructure e.g. AWS
- experience of using graphing or visualization frameworks
- experience of artificial intelligence or machine learning techniques
- experience of scaling and performance issues
- open source contributions, or public profiles on github, bitbucket or similar
Yobota is a young company and there is a lot going on! We want to make sure everyone who is part of it can contribute to its growth by giving everyone support in trying new ideas in their day to day roles, freedom to shape a product which does something good for consumers and businesses, the opportunity for team leadership in the future.
Most importantly, we want to help you do the best work of your career
Everyone gets a salary, medical insurance, life insurance, pension, and cycle 2 work discounts. You will also be part of our Perkbox Employee Benefit Scheme. We discuss specifics with applicants directly.
Want to advertise a job?
We're always on the lookout for high quality jobs that our members might be interested in. Submit your job posting here.
Any issues with this job? Submit an issue or a pull request and we'll get it sorted out right away.
Our sponsors get prioritised job placement and promotion. Interested in sponsoring CSS? Find out more.