- GBP 330 per Week
Launched in April 2013, Fire Tech is the UK’s #1 technology day camp focusing on children aged 9-17. Fire Tech’s mission is to get young people creating and innovating using technology.
We are currently recruiting Tutors for our fantastic remote camps! If you are looking for a great role which you don’t need to commute for and can complete from anywhere in the world then please read on and apply!
(We are also looking for people who would be interested in teaching at our face-to-face camps and after school clubs, please also apply if you are keen)
Fire Tech was founded to bring important skills around computing, logic and innovation to students outside the classroom. Fire Tech sessions teach young people computing fundamentals as they create video games, mobile apps, arduinos and robots, digital music and animations, and as they learn to program in Python, Unity, HTML/CSS, Java and Greenfoot (and more). They design, experiment, look for feedback from peers and camp instructors, iterate, and pivot when necessary – all skills that we believe will be crucial for today’s students to become creative, resilient, adaptable adults. Please see our website to learn more about our goals, and the specific courses we currently offer: ww.firetechcamp.com Fire Tech’s camp instructors are the heart and soul of the kids’ and teens’ camp experience. You will be at the front line of teaching our campers cutting edge subjects like programming, graphic design, robotics, digital music and much more! If you love and understand some of these concepts yourself and enjoy working with young people, join us!
We are growing Fire Tech programmes across the UK and abroad and we need the very best camp instructors with enthusiasm and excellent skills to deliver our courses.
- To use the Fire Tech curriculum to teach teens aged 9-17 (ratios are normal 1 Tutor teaching 8-10 students)
- Undergo remote training (one day), any online curriculum training needed and to devote any additional time to prepare for the course content you will teach.
- Supervise campers at all times, ensuring their safety, discipline and making sure that they are engaged and enjoying themselves on the course
- Lead by example in terms of tidiness and respectful behavior.
- Leading groups in learning but also in games and activities remotely and face-to-face.
- Supervise snack times.
- Be aware of special needs of campers – medical, emotional, etc. – and make sure those are attended to.
- Assess group dynamics and be sure that all campers are participating and achieving their goals.
- Support campers with any problems they encounter with hardware or software.
- Give parents feedback on their child’s participation and progress.
- Keep a high level of positive energy as the leader of your group and provide leadership.
- Be in good communication with the Fire Tech team as necessary in the lead up to the actual camps, and during the sessions.
- Must have finished at least one year of university – preferably studying towards a computing, design, arts or engineering degree with a passion for one of our course subject areas
- Strong understanding of general programming concepts (for programming courses only)
- Ability to pick up new concepts and softwares quickly
- Ability to explain concepts to a young audience
- Enhanced DBS check (this will be provided through Fire Tech)
- A can-do attitude and ability to solve problems
- High energy levels and enthusiasm
- Passion for working with kids and teens! (Experience working with young people preferred)
- Punctual, responsible & reliable
- Must be eligible to work in the UK via a student visa or EU citizenship
Time Requirement: (For week long remote camps)
- Mon – Friday (8.30am-2.30pm GMT) (9.30am-3.30pm UK time)
- Pre-camp training and prep and post-camp evaluations
- Possible involvement in local workshops on weekends or other school holidays – on request
- Teach from anywhere in the world
- Punctuality is essential
- Pay up to £330 for week long courses (Mon-Fri) 9.30am-3.30pm
- Opportunity for Professional Conduct Bonus during summer
- Work with a fun, and professional team in a supportive environment
- Solidify your own learning!
- Make lots of friends in your Tutor cohort from other departments/ universities/locations
- Opportunities for overseas camps (accom & flights paid for) one face to face camps back running!
- Regular meetups/events (incl awesome summer party!)
- Looks great on your CV, Fire Tech are happy to provide a reference for you!
Note: There are also opportunities for teaching after school clubs, weekend clubs, and private tutoring clients.
To apply, please head to our website and select the Remote Camp Tutor Role: https://www.firetechcamp.com/careers-at-fire-tech/instructor-work-opportunities/
Want to advertise a job?
We're always on the lookout for high quality jobs that our members might be interested in. Submit your job posting here.
Any issues with this job? Submit an issue or a pull request and we'll get it sorted out right away.
Our sponsors get prioritised job placement and promotion. Interested in sponsoring CSS? Find out more.