Junior Data Scientist at LV8 Sport
Based in Battersea, London, LV8 Sport is a privately funded sports-tech startup, leveraging Computer Vision and Machine Learning to deliver a unique data-led approach to performance analysis across a select group of sports. Our first product, Grow Football, is an AR-based iOS application which provides players of all levels with detailed analysis of their performance, and is launching this summer with a top European football club.
Due to one of our data scientists moving into a neuroscience research position, we have a vacancy available for a Junior Data Scientist, starting in July/August of this year.
This is a permanent position, with hybrid working and a competitive starting salary, and an additional annual bonus.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Training, testing and optimising object detection, computer vision and image analysis algorithms for iOS deployment.
- Developing and evaluating quantitative scoring metrics from video and pose estimation data.
- Preparing and processing imaging data for sure in model training.
- Building and maintaining metrics data processing pipelines to improve processes.
- Remaining up to date with current state-of-the-art research and literature in ML and CV.
Successful candidates should have:
- Good knowledge and understanding in machine learning; particularly object detection, image segmentation, pose estimation and optical flow.
- Demonstratable experience applying analytical skills to problems such as data collection, analysis, visualisation, statistics.
- Experience in ML frameworks Tensorflow/Pytorch.
- Experience training custom deep learning networks and pre-trained CV models such as YOLO or MobileNet.
- Experience deploying models in iOS-compatible mobile machine learning frameworks (Apple CoreML, Google MLKit).
- Strong programming skills in Python (numpy, scipy, pandas, matplotlib).
- Proficiency with good software engineering practices and versioning control (Git).
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.•An interest in sports analytics and/or biomechanics.
- Previous iOS development is a nice-to-have.
- Cover Paragraph