Student Data Scientist at Outlook Energy
Applications for this position are rolling, so you should apply as soon as possible.
About The Company
As the world decarbonises its energy production, the ability to act on short timescales has never been more important than it is now. At Outlook Energy, we specialise in proprietary and asset-backed short-term power trading. Our unique trading insight and forecasting software predicts the fundamentals which drive the market, enabling us to stay ahead of the competition. We are a dedicated team who take pride in our ability to act both fast and effectively in a dynamic energy landscape. With our emphasis on research and development, we deliver a fresh perspective on the energy market.
Outlook Energy is a leading trading house with offices in Bristol, UK and in Melbourne, Australia. Established in 2016, we remain a small team of around 20 employees, but also one of the largest and most successful actors in the UK intraday energy market.
- Research, read documents, reports, regulations, speak to industry experts, phone and email people to find answers
- Identify, extract, clean and analyse data as part of knowledge discovery
- Have direct impact to the trading team by analysing potential trading strategies
- Open to second year students and above
- Good with numbers and strong analytical skills
- Experience in a programming language (Python/R preferred)
- Not afraid to dig deep into energy regulations, rules, research reports, publications, etc.
- Great attention to detail and motivation required.
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and ring people and follow-up when they don’t get back to you.
- You’ll need initiative combined with excellent focus to deliver your goals.
- Excellent communication skills as you’ll have to liaise regularly with colleagues in different areas in the company.
- Available for 15-20 hours a week.
- Based in Bristol.
Starts at £10/hr, increasing to £15/hr after probation period
- Good mentorship
- Potential to secure a graduate job
- Flexible working hours and holidays, we want you to succeed in your studies so we understand your schedule may not be same each week
- Further training and skills development opportunities available
- Access to employee benefit package
- Central Office
10 - 15 GBP /Hour
- Cover Letter