Cyber Security Engineer at Ultra Horizon
Ultra Horizon is seeking a full-time cyber security engineer to supplement its rapidly growing workforce based in Herefordshire. Ultra Horizon is a Hereford-based company started by two computer science graduates from the University of Bristol. We specialise in developing obfuscated VPN technology and specialist network infrastructure. This job is aimed at installation and support for a wide variety of systems that is connected to our worldwide client networks.
- Travelling frequently (once every few months) with the wider UH engineering team to countries such as France, Spain, North America, and the Caribbean islands to set up and service new or existing infrastructure for a week at a time.
- Designing, installing, and configuring new networking infrastructure for clients. This includes installing firewalls, switches and wireless networking equipment as well as designing highly available topologies for mission critical environments.
- Installing and configuring new IT infrastructure for clients. This includes, but is not limited to, installing new workstations, maintaining, and configuring domain controllers, applying group policies to Windows machines, MDM, Office 365 cloud management.
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in computer science or a relevant engineering discipline or 2 years of experience working in a cyber security role.
- All skills will be taught on the job by our existing engineering team. However, hands-on practical skills are essential, along with a hard-working ethos and a deep curiosity to problem-solve and learn.
- A knowledge of IP networking is essential for this job.
- Any prior experience with equipment such as firewalls or enterprise switchgear will be beneficial, but not essential.
- An intimate knowledge of command line interfaces (e.g. Bash) is critical.
- A full UK driving licence and a car is required to facilitate travel.
- A valid UK passport is required.
Our Current Employees Receive the Following Benefits:
- Christmas performance bonus.
- Annual performance and salary review.
- Gym membership when working at our Hereford-based offices.
- Opportunity to travel worldwide with all expenses paid when visiting clients or servicing their infrastructure.
- Frequent opportunities for growth and promotion in our rapidly expanding start-up.
- Company dinners and events.
£28,000-£35,000 GBP /annum
Permanent, Full Time
- Cover Letter