CSS Boeing Space Hackathon 2018
MVB, 11am Wednesday 28th Feb - 1pm Thursday 1st March
The CSS Boeing Hackathon is back!
- Sign up now.
- Teams can be up to 6 people
- Not got anyone to work with or a full team? No worries. Just indicate that you’d like to be matched with others and we’ll sort out the rest.
- 6x Sphero Mini!
- 6x Google Home Mini!
- 6x LIFX Smart Lights!
FREE FOOD AND DRINKS
- If you have any dietary requirements, state them on the signup form or email [email protected]
Teams can be up to 6 people.
- Our theme this year is SPACE! 🌌🚀
The prizes will be awarded in three categories:
- Satellite Intelligence
- Find a cool way to use satellite imagery or other data collected in space.
- e.g. Pollen count prediction
- Software and Hardware for Space
- Build something that we could send into space!
- e.g. vital signs monitor
- Exploring Space
- Help non-scientists to explore and learn about space.
- e.g. Kid On The Moon
Here are some more projects to get your brains whirring:
Identifying natural boundaries (rivers) from 3D asteroid surface data
Display crowdsourced natural events on a 3D globe
P2P wearables for communication in space
Use open data and satellite imagery to predict pollen count
Use energy and solar radiation data to predict energy production
Maybe you’ll write a piece of software that will improve shipping efficiency. How about a system for monitoring air pollution? Or something that will enable autonomous vehicles? Perhaps you’ll even write a cool visualisation that uses the NASA Open Data platform.
If you want to make use of satellite data, we’ll be releasing some guides to help you soon.
- Join our Discord server for updates on the day!
- We’ll be buying a few bits of kit for the day. Let us know if you have any specific requirements! We’ll try our best to help.
Register a Team